Updated: 24 May 2018
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We will use the information that we collect about you in accordance with:
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679), (‘GDPR’) which becomes effective from 25 May 2018
- Who we are
- What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- How we collect your data
- Embedded content from other websites
- Links to other websites
- Controlling your personal information
1. Who we are
Stour Space is a socially minded organisation offering exhibition, performance and studio space for the development of creative enterprises. Full details of who we are and what we do can be found on our About page.
Stour Space is the trade name of Stour Space Limited and is registered in England & Wales No. 07313950. Registered office address: Stour Space, 7 Roach Road, Tower Hamlets, London, E3 2PA.
2. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed, i.e. anonymous data.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data First name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data Email address.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices people use to access our website.
- Email Communication Data is emails between us and you, including when they were sent or received, whether they were opened, what links within them were clicked
Users under 18
We understand that people aged under 18 may use this website. To request to see our safeguarding policy, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
3. How we collect your data
We collect different information about you in a number of ways:
Information you give us
When you sign up to our newsletter, or give us feedback, we will store the personal information you give to us such as your name and email address.
Automated technologies or interactions
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
Information from third parties
We occasionally receive information about you from third parties as set out below:
- Analytics providers such as Google
- Advertising networks such as Facebook
- Search information providers such as Google AdWords
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
5. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
6. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
7. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Please also contact us if you have any questions about the information we hold about you, or to change your contact preferences with us:
Email us: info [at] stourspace.co.uk
Call us: 02089857827
Write to us:
FAO General Manager, Stour Space, 7 Roach Road, Hackney Wick, London, E3 2PA, United Kingdom.