Venue Operations Lead / Manager – Stour Space
Applications by: Midnight on 17/03/19
Interview dates: week commencing: 18/03/19
Proposed start date: ASAP
We are seeking a full time, energetic and dependable leader with experience in hospitality and people management. This role is specific to operations in a busy multi-function arts venue with a focus on social enterprise and community services and therefore requires a multi-skilled individual with business skills and an enterprising mind. Applicants must be entrepreneurial problem solvers and capable of independent working.
The Venue Operations Lead / Manager will play a key role in the management of all areas of the venue, including the onsite cafe/bar, events and exhibitions programme, studios, public services, office management, HR and all associated finance/budgets of the company. This role demands a primary focus on the front of house/public area of the venue (the cafe/bar) and the Operations Lead will make sure the organisation is running as well as it possibly can, achieves targets with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers and clients, within the boundaries of the company’s social objective.
Essential experience and skills:
- Experience of managing a diverse team, including recruitment, wellbeing and disciplinary
- Financial reporting and analysis, budgeting and target management
- Experience of designing and undertaking commercial solutions/opportunities
- Managing outputs with multiple priorities
- Experience of cafe/bar and venue management
- Experience of H&S management, in particular in hospitality, food, and events
- Able to manage and maintain relationships with outside suppliers/vendors
- Able to support and lead on company growth and client development
- Have an understanding of social value and impact (charity, social enterprise, community work)
- Excellent communications skills – positive and proactive
- Professional and approachable – able to work in a busy environment and to a tight deadline, calmly and positively
- Ability to work flexibly – some weekend and evening work when required
- Lead on brand visibility and oversee public advertising for cafe/bar/venue
- Experience in stock management
- Experience in office management including policies and procedures
- Experience in managing a multidisciplinary cultural venue would be an advantage
- We are looking for someone with a creative background, and can get the most out of working in our inclusive and artistic team and local community
About Stour Space
A socially minded organisation offering exhibition, performance and studio space for the development of creative enterprises. Devoted to the promotion and production of art and design, performance and innovative business, Stour Space also works in collaboration with many local enterprises, residents, artists and committees.
The Stour Space venue has 22 rentable private workspaces, currently home to 37 residents – a variety of small business start ups, self employed and creative enterprises. The onsite cafe and upstairs function room is used as a regular workspace by a number of local freelancers and public projects, and the large venue also provides space for a variety of locally led initiatives, meetings and exhibitions. Open 7 days a week, the venue is a popular community hub.
Salary: 25-30k depending on experience
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight 17/03/19 (Email subject: FAO Juliet Can – Operations Lead – [NAME])
In your cover letter, please give 2 examples of venues with cafe/bars in England that you feel are outstanding businesses and explain why.