Event Manager – Sales and Bookings
Part-time position (minimum hours 24 per week)
Proposed start date: ASAP
Working as part of the Events team, Cafe/bar and venue management, the Event Manager will develop the corporate and private hire company strategy, maximise venue bookings to reach the departments financial targets, oversee the corporate and private hires from first enquiry to delivery, and facilitate efficient standards of service and planning for an evolving programme of events and bookings at the venue, in line with the company’s social objectives.
Stour Space is a multifunctional venue that facilitates the production, presentation and interpretation of a diversity of art practices and creative enterprises. The gallery space is used as a catalyst for the development and sustainability of a lively and engaged community of artists and audiences, and welcomes collaboration with many local enterprises, residents, artists and committees. Events run through the venue at varying times and the cafe is a vital element of the venue, open to the public 7 days a week. As such, you should be aware of all the uses of the space, and plan appropriately and work across all departments.
Usual Address of Workplace: Stour Space, 7 Roach Road, London, E3 2PA
Reporting to: Juliet Can
- Generate income from corporate and private hire of the space
- Secure events bookings to reach financial targets and support the company’s social mission
- Oversee and manage the events P&L and and KPIs
- Manage and coordinate the staffing requirements of events
- Line manage the events coordinators, bar supervisor and other contracted workers for events at Stour Space
- Manage and curate all events operations, planning and admin under the targets agreed by the Directors
- Oversee associated events admin and booking systems, H&S , risk assessment, and staffing for events at Stour Space.
- Create event offers and packages
- Oversee the venue hire strategy and develop new sales opportunities
- Manage all the marketing activities related to private and corporate hire of the venue
- Manage venue listings and identify new promotional opportunities
- Develop partnerships with corporate clients, art organisations, and institutions to book the venue on a regular basis
- Liaise with Stour Space’s managers and directors to keep a good balance between private hire and cultural events taking place in the venue
- On occasions act as the on-site event manager
- Use invoicing platform to bill clients as appropriate