Date: Wed 27 June 2018
Times: 09:30 – 11:00 BST
Calling all creative businesses, freelancers, artists, makers and producers in Hackney Wick & Fish Island! Join us for a free breakfast and conversation at Stour Space on Wednesday 27th June.
We want to bring you all together to identify and celebrate the creative business opportunities in Hackney Wick & Fish Island, and provide space to discuss ideas for the future.
What’s on the menu…
- A guest talk from Luke Billingham at Hackney Quest on how local young people relate to the creative industries and their experiences growing up in the area
- An introduction to the Mayor of London’s Creative Enterprise Zone initiative, which could potentially bring new funding to support and protect creative industries and foster new networks, from Architecture & Urbanism studio We Made That
- An open discussion to gather perspectives and ideas on key issues including workspace and support for small businesses and creative practitioners
- The opportunity to network and spark connections with a brilliant bunch of local entrepreneurs, creatives, artists and independent businesses
- A delicious breakfast from the Stour Space cafe
This event is free to attend, and is open to anyone working in the creative industries or supporting activities in the Hackney Wick & Fish Island area.
Places are limited, so please RSVP to confirm your spot at the breakfast table.
Hackney Wick has been shortlisted to become a Creative Enterprise Zone – if successful, this would mean significant investment in the area to secure affordable workspace and a range of support for creative businesses and practitioners. The ideas you share will help inform the second stage of the bid for Hackney Wick to achieve Creative Enterprise Zone status. More can be read here.
Hackney and Tower Hamlets councils and LLDC have commissioned We Made That, Tom Fleming Consultancy and Regeneris with Echo‘s support to convene this conversation with creative businesses and practitioners. Similar conversations are being held with local residents, institutions, land owners and others. Make sure your voice is heard!
Echo is a skill-sharing platform where people and businesses can trade the skills they have for those they need, an hour for an hour. Currently based in Main Yard Studios, Echo has been working in and around Hackney Wick for the past 5 years.